Dunoon COOP – who donate food each week and who made us one of their 1 in 3 charities two years in a row giving us enough money to put in new blinds, shed with tumble dryer, 3 new double glazed windows and every family over those two years was given cheque to help towards a fun activity, evening meal or breakfast in the restaurant, petrol for adapted vans, ferry crossings. This additional help for refurbishing and making a special activity for each family for two years has made a huge difference to all our families who have all wanted to express their thanks to the COOP and their customers. We even managed to put on a super Fun Day for 32 local sick children in Dunoon and surrounding towns, all thanks to the COOP and their fantastic customers for nominating us. https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Supermarket/Dunoon-Community-Store-132158964132957/
Linus Quilters are so kind to donate a quilt for our users – the photo shows one of our young users cozied in! Read more – https://www.facebook.com/908843195926774/posts/1963998390411244/
A huge thank you to Mazars who gave Cathleen’s Cabin a corporate donation of £600. We were then bowled over once again when the Glasgow offices put on a special fundraiser raising £1033.40 at Christmas. The money raised will go directly to helping more families get away to Dunoon in 2016.
We are also so grateful to the wonderful Marie Ann Kerr who took part in the 5k Santa Dash in Glasgow in December 2015. She looks extremely “dashing” in her outfit and we are extremely thankful for the funds which will help support more families needing a break.
- We must mention Cromlech Laundry doing all the laundry and fundraising to pay for it , along with Amber and Kate two local ladies who know come help each weekend to clean the caravan;
- These chaps also without charge just rocked up and cleaned the decking for free https://www.facebook.com/908843195926774/posts/1964641967013553/
- This link shows how families even come on.snowy weather, the type of meal treat the COOP donations gives https://www.facebook.com/908843195926774/posts/1926716477472769/
- Yolande the local baker in Tom – A – Mhoid Rd, Dunoon PA23 7HP makes these wonderful cakes if we know a child will have a birthday while on holiday https://www.facebook.com/908843195926774/posts/1855987267879024/
- AND I cannot miss out the wonderful quilters Debs of Jinty and Baa use her 40th birthday to get all,her ladies do a sponsored marathon from 8pm to 8 am and raise £1000 and made a fantastic quilt into the bargain.https://www.facebook.com/908843195926774/posts/1438431216301300/
Our web site and email are hosted for free by the great folks at Krystal Hosting who offer free home on the web for registered charities on their Amethyst plan. This is more than enough for small charities and Krystal are a very helpful bunch.